Tuesday, October 30, 2007

General Winston's Daughter


I first got to know Sharon Shinn through "Archangel" which was good, and the rest of that series which is relatively good-to-awesome. I continued on with her 12 Houses series which is even better, and her YA books which Rock. Hard. Core. This one is a stand-alone. Her other YA books, "The Truth Teller's Tale", "The Dream Maker's Magic" and "The Secret-Keeper's ....." well, I forget the last word to that title but they were GOOD.

This one is better. Nicely character driven, great love story (this woman writes great love stories) and exciting settings (she's as good as Mary Stewart for that, I think).

Plus, one of the romantic main characters in this is a dark skinned guy, so I got to happily fantasize about my current favorite t.v. crush, the character Mohinder Suresh, from Heroes.

Yum.

1 comment:

hannah said...

I call first dibs. Need a good book :)