Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This book is so Good!


Usually I'm not as much into story driven books as character driven books, but this one is great. I love Eva Ibbotson's writing style. She gives a lot of story background on the people and minor characters which is really fun to read. Her characters are simple and perhaps a little bit too easily likeable and good - but if you know you aren't in it for deep reading... :)

It takes place just after WWI, and she gives some really great info on the war that is from a perspective I had not read before and it was really beautifully done.

I've got it if anyone wants to borrow it!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

When I'm done with the stack you already gave me, plus Harry Potter, plus Eclipse, plus Jinx, I'll be ready for it

hannah said...

this was my comicon book. good escape from one sort of geekism to another. i agree with kristen's critique, good 'story' book, although i felt like some of the descriptions went on for a little too long. hnh