Thursday, January 27, 2011

Paranormalcy

I'm too fresh off the high of just having finished a really fun book to give you all a proper what's-it-all-about here so I'll just say:

Kiersten White has a great, great voice. Reading her is easy - like Meg Cabot easy (better? dare I say it?) and the pacing was simply fantastic. I was not given the option to put this book down. My children had ramen for lunch and I am still in my 6 a.m jogging clothes because after I got home and sat down with it I did nothing else until I finished.

Now elation and despair are warring within me, elation from reading such an enjoyable story, and despair at my ever, ever actually hammering out a text of my own. Argh!

Just, go read it.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I would LOVE it if you would hurry up and hammer that text out already!

Jenny said...

I LOVE books that are so good they make me neglect all my duties. I think of it as a good excuse to let the house get dirty and get pizza for dinner....maybe I shouldn't say that out loud...
Can't wait to read this one!

vera said...

Wow. Sounds like my kind of dish... Can't wait to read it!

Nanette said...

I LOVED IT!!
(thanks for the great gift )