Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Suite Scarlett

i keep meaning to read "13 Little Blue Envelopes" but every time I read the back, i become very bored. And "Girl At Sea" was alright, but nothing to gush about.

this one is much better, in my opinion, and Maureen Johnson really developed some great characters here. Here is a family who loves eachother (almost all the time) for a change, and siblings who treat eachother well (almost all the time). There is a romantic story but it is not the main story, and there is very little kissing, and nothing more than kissing, for those who need to know.

I enjoyed every single character, hated noone, got properly stressed out at the proper moments, and laughed quite a few times. Her main character is relatable and normal, and it's fun to read about living in New York from a native's POV.

So, I have Suite Scarlett here, at home, if anyone needs to borrow it, and there's a link above if you want to get your own copy from Amazon.

1 comment:

hannah said...

This book is GREAT. In contrast to the critique about Airhead, this book is self-contained, the characters charming, and when I finished I was left wishing for me so I could stay in the world just a bit longer.