Friday, June 1, 2007

It's ALIVE!

Over the course of the last several months many people who were originally in bookclub have moved or gotten involved in other projects/concerns and we're trying this out to see if it will be an easier way to keep everyone in touch, aware, and involved.

A special thanks to Stacie R who spent so much time keeping us all posted and keeping the bookclub going for so long. As she prepares to have her baby we're stepping in to give her a break!

I'd love to keep the tone of the bookclub light and fun and non-stressful for all involved.


To get us started in June, Nanette offered to pick a short and fun book, and to host it at her house when the time comes, (the first week of July-ish). The book is The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo. If you have kids in the 5 + range, you might want to read it to them too (as that's kinda the target audience).

Please feel welcome to post comments on the blog if you have a question about the book, obtaining a copy, or just want to gush about how much you like it. :) If you have any questions please email me.

Kristen

4 comments:

The Rennakers: said...

Thank you Kristen for taking charge! I love the blog format and look forward to some juicy reads.

hannah said...

Cute fun blog. I went out and bought the book tonight. Looking forward to a fun read. I am SO excited for our rest of the summer reading list. Its fantabulous! (New word I accidently made up tonight, merging fantastic + fabulous :)

Jenny said...

The Tale of Despereux is a good book! Very interesting writing style and feel to the narration. I think I first listened to this book on tape.... Thanks Kristen!

Karalenn Hippen said...

We own this book and it's so cute! Can't pull it out of storage in time, but I still remember it. I remember thinking up all sorts of symbolism as I read it two years ago with Seth. Wish I could be at Nan's with you all. Call me on speaker. :) Oh and Hannah, sorry, but I say fantabulous all the time, along with ginormous and bajillion. :)