Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peter and the Starcatchers

Do you want to know how Peter Pan go the magical power to fly? Or where the mermaids or the Lost Boys originated from? This is a children's novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson written as a prequel to the original Peter Pan story by J.M. Barrie. It is well written and I really enjoyed it.

Dave Barry is a humor columnist for the Miami Herald and writes articles that are hillarious! If you want a good laugh, I'd recommend reading some of his material. This book, however, departs from his outrageously crazy stuff and actually presents a great children's story. There are two others so far in the series, but I haven't finished them. I'll keep you posted on how I liked them too.

1 comment:

Peter Von Brown said...

It also departs from J.M. Barrie.
It has MANY mistakes in it.
I don't think one should ignore the facts when borrowing another author's story.

Pardon me for crowing like Peter Pan himself, but I've a novel out that's not only faithful to Barrie, but based on his idea for more adventure.
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/
Please check it out. Thanks.
Happy reading!