Thursday, October 9, 2008

I just finished reading this YA book which was recommended to me by the elementary school librarian. She bought it on the sale rack of our Book Fair last year for only $5.00.
Now its being made into a movie.
As it says inside, this is a book about a nine year old boy, but it is not a book for nine year olds. (I would say Jr. high age at the very least).
It is not a happy book, but it is excellent.
I love that it is full of symbolism like the different "costumes" people wear, and the fences, real and imaginary.
Very powerful.
You should read it.
Be sure to have tissue nearby.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i just saw this preview on apple. well, i didn't actually WATCH it, because it looked like it was a preview for an unbearably sad story.

maybe I'll try out the book -