Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Breaking Dawn

In order to get a cover photo of Breaking Dawn, I typed the words into Google. Now, I know what the cover looks like, so I was surprised to see this page pop up. I don't know if they are discarded cover ideas or if they are all just fan art, but good grief, Blood Spatter? ew, people.

thank you, Amazon.com, for always having the real thing:



now here's my theory, about the cover. Because it obviously means something. I mean, hello. Chess?

okay. So I told Craig about the cover and he said that in chess the pawn can become the queen. (he said this in that "of course you know this, right?" way, which, of course I did NOT) I mean hello! Chess? honestly.

anyway. my theory is this: we have gotten rid of our "bad guys" from books 1-3 (those naughty vampires) but were introduced to an ever-more-scary-and-sinister group in book 2, The Volturi. I think it is likely/natural that they will be the bad guys of #4.

And that they will want Bella for their pawn.

Have you guessed yet what it is that I am thinking? I bet you have, you smart and awesome people. I am thinking that Bella will end up being, "da dum!", the Queen of the Vampires.

now, i realize that so far SM's work tends toward the human - meaning that from the way she has written so far, one does not tend to expect her to go all vampy and especially queen-of-the-vampy allofasudden. However, I really don't see another possible "happy" ending for all of you Edward fans. Also, I love a good queen-vamp novel (that is also clean) (which means i haven't actually read... any... yet... *sigh*) so I'm hoping that my guess is right.

No comments: