Sunday, September 23, 2007

Unilateral Decision (kinda)



Since there hasn't been oodles of feedback about our next bookclub, I am unilaterally deciding (with the help of Kristen and Angela:) that we should do Ketura and Lord Death for October. Why? Because it is: a) short, b) fits in well with Halloween, c) because I just read it so I remember it better than Goose Girl, and d) it is a GREAT read. I'm willing to host again, since I got off easy with the whole book signing thing in August. How about my place, Thursday, October 18th, 7:30?

Also, Angela suggested that we try to set a specific day, i.e. the 3rd Thursday of every month. We can discuss at bookclub, so bring your calendars / schedules / crackberries... whatever. She also had a book suggestion, which I now can't remember the name of, but we can talk about whether we want to do that for November and who wants to host (Angela... hint, hint).

Anxiously awaiting comments, questions, concerns and the like.
Hannah

9 comments:

Kristen said...

angela had suggested "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson, which is very good. It is also a little longer, and it's kindof a deep, slow read, so maybe we should do goosegirl for early november and then have december to read Elantris, not have bookclub for the december holidays, and hold bookclub for Elantris in January? what do you think?

Nanette said...

The 17th sounds just fine for me! Way to take charge, Hannah! Um, who can I borrow the book from?

Dimples :) said...

Wait, is it the 17th or 18th? Either one is fine with me.

Also, Elantris for January is fine and I'll host.

Excellent!

hannah said...

Um. I think Thursday is the 18th, right? or am I looking at a weird lunar calendar or something? I can't do Wednesday because I work until 7:30 that night... ugh.

hannah said...

Um. I think Thursday is the 18th, right? or am I looking at a weird lunar calendar or something? I can't do Wednesday because I work until 7:30 that night... ugh.

Kristen said...

did i give one of you my copy? because nan tried to borrow it last night and i couldn't find it. i am so scatterbrained.....

hannah said...

i gave it back :)
oh, and btw, I think the plan of goosegirl in november, break in december, and elantris in january sounds good.

Kristen said...

....i found it.

Nanette said...

ooh! I just got it FROM THE LIBRARY so you can give it to someone else out there. I love it so far!